QueryClick is looking for an experienced software developer to join the Edinburgh team!
A software developer is expected to develop effective, robust software solutions to grow our business and improve the quality in what we deliver. It is crucial for a developer to be able to collaborate with many different levels and area of the business to understand delivery requirements. A developer would be expected to contribute towards the effective management of their workload, to focus on the priorities at all times.
- Drive collaborative delivery of software solutions for QueryClick’s automated reporting framework.
- Contribute to high standards of team output. Writing clean, maintainable code which creates business solutions in an efficient, timely manner.
- Be technically proficient in the required areas of work you’re expected to undertake.
- Show strong problem solving skills by being able to decide the best solution for a given problem.
- Ensure current software is working efficiently and in the expected way. Troubleshoot any issues in a timely manner with solutions that are robust.
- Engage with team/project leader in the Agile process, by providing input into project tasks, requirements, and approach.
- Play an active role in ensuring team sprints are efficient and effective, and that project deadlines are met. Communicating progress/issues, providing input to help team work around blockers and other issues.
- Educate wider team on specialist areas of knowledge, taking responsibility for ensuring knowledge transfer/upskilling is an ongoing concern.
- Take responsibility knowledge acquisition and personal development that it is up-to- date with latest technologies and practices.
- Have a working knowledge of the SCRUM Agile process to work efficiently and effectively with your colleagues.
- Communicate in a timely manner with senior developer(s) and other stakeholders on progress and issues.
- Look for ways of improving processes and day-to-day tasks to bring value to the team and the business.
What you need to be successful:
- Working knowledge of writing asynchronous software
- Understanding of micro-services architectures.
- Working knowledge of Agile development best practices
- Experience with database technologies (preferably MongoDB, file based db technology), data querying and working with APIs (GraphQL experience or interest especially)
- Strong test and quality delivery capabilities
- Good knowledge of software architecture principles.
- Formal training/experience in software development or similar
- Experience of (or will to) work in a highly performant, cohesive software development team.
- Building software from E2E.
In return you can expect:
QueryClick believes in continuously investing in their talent and offer an industry-leading training and development programme which includes:
- A competitive training budget, open to all staff
- A bespoke ILM Leadership Development Programme, supporting staff making the transition to management level
- A full day each month for personal and professional development time, with access to ILM qualified internal trainers and learning resources.
- Merit-based promotion from within, and all vacancies are advertised internally
- Opportunities to make suggestions for positive change in a period of growth.
Additional benefits include:
- A competitive starting salary
- QueryClick understands that flexibility is a two-way commitment, and a great work, life balance is important so offer flexi-hours and working from home options.
- Generous company pension contributions and life insurance
- Monthly staff rewards and anniversary gifts starting at 1 years’ service
- Flexible annual leave (34 days) with options to buy/sell leave.
- Travel loan options to reduce monthly travel spend
- Technology loans and discounts to allow you to keep up to date with the latest technology trends
- Company mobile phone offered to all team members
- Medical history disregard Private Medical Scheme
- Access to a range of high street discounts, reduced gym membership and cycle to work scheme through Perkbox
If you are interested in this role please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com